Wednesday, April 2, 2008

String Therory

Of all the media I've seen regarding the so-called "string theory" (including the PBS special), this is by far the best. This does not mean, however, that your minds aren't going to be blown; so prepare for complete brain malfunction.

Furthermore, I feel it's worthy to note that I don't necessarily believe all of this; but it certainly is an impressive display of the limits of scientific theory. Fair warning: string theory presupposes several faith-shaking hypotheses (including the big-bang theory): but I can't help but see in it the potential for argument of intelligent design theory (especially in the tenth dimension) and, of course, the potential to do a lot of other neat stuff (like employ the sixth dimension for my own personal wealth in the third).

This is science fiction, not science, people (albeit really cool science fiction uncharacteristically grounded in actual science). Comment with your questions or google string theory if you dare (theres alot of wacky stuff on the inernet); but most of all, watch and enjoy.

2 comments:

Your host said...

In the words of the guys at Jibba Jab, that was nuckin' futz. My eye started to twitch right around the 6th dimension.

Thanks for sharing, little brother!

Your host said...

And P.S., you should post more often. A, you're pretty cool, B, it would make me feel like I know what's going on with you, and C, it would make me feel better about my three-posts-a-day average.